Healthy Design To Drink Juice
The brief was inspired by the needs and philosophies of the client Pressed Earth who recently launched their store in Claremont.
Describe the essence of the project in 3 words?
Simple, Clean, Sustainable
What are your favourite features of the place?
- The clean, simple lines.
- The light colour tones and natural textures – which contrast against our juices – ensuring they are focal point.
- The concrete rug – this makes it nice and relaxed, bringing in a local element. It was quite fun to do, we had to relinquish a bit of control, you kind of have no idea how this will turn out – but that was kind of refreshing
- If I had to say a detail – I would say the vertical panelling on the counter and inset concrete bench – details were limited with our budget, but this one was quite successful – its kept it nice and simple – the builders laughed at this because they said it reminded them of the 60s/70s – all the more reason to do it hopefully makes it classic, simple and proven!
- Another detail would be our perforated panels – they break up the wood panelling and they’ve made our lives a hell of a lot easier when it comes to stocking the place. We hope to stock and support more local brands, this shelving allows us to do this.
Name the 5 elements that make this project memorable?
- It’s our first shop, so that was a pretty big move for our company and for everyone involved in Pressed Earth – our family and our friends have helped us immensely so it was a pretty nice feeling when we got to invite them into the shop for the first time. It’s also Perth’s first cold-pressed juice shop – and we are a local company – so that’s hopefully quite big for Perth and for our veggie growers. It was also Lilly’s first built project – Lilly got to go extend the brand into a physical place – so that makes it memorable too!
- The use of local suppliers, the people we have met a long the way – we have learned a lot from Steffen and Mike – who really are expert craftsmen – we’ve had them drop in a lot for juice or just to say hi – it’s good to have that kind of relationship we think between client and contractor – between architect, designer and builder.
- The concrete rug – something you don’t really see in Claremont or very often at all – It was also quite an unknown so we had to just kind of trust that it would work – and has also become a talking point in the shop. It makes the shop inviting. Ang and Steve also went above and beyond for us, knowing that we were a small, local company.
- The response from people who enter the store – this has been very rewarding, chatting with people who already have a favourite juice or who are excited by the idea of getting something healthy on the go. The reason why we started Pressed Earth was to give people something which would make their lives easier – something to help them look after themselves – and the shop achieves that. We’ve got lots of people coming in for daily juice just like they would for daily coffee.
- It’s created a home for our juice, which reflects who we are and what we are all about.
Designed by Architect student Lilly Christou, email@example.com, who also created the brand identity and packaging for Pressed Earth.
Steffen Linke from Handwerk
Mike Lanyon is from Professional Innovators
firstname.lastname@example.org. M. 0411 479 354
Our concrete rug was created by Freo locals, Ang and Steve from Slick & Frank or 0414 778 071
James Christou of CHRISTOU Design Group