Swanbourne – Warehouse Style
12 Brassey Street Swanbourne
Architect: Paul Burnham Architect
Bold, spacious and airy in its ambiance, this timeless family home is designed to balance inside and outside living. Architecturally designed, separate living areas flow through one another to city views and a contemporary open plan kitchen.
Simple lines and a strong neutral colour scheme lead the way through the design. Two large living areas, a protected alfresco and established back garden provide adaptable spaces for entertaining.
The kitchen features a large island bench, pendants over stainless steel workbenches, and white modern tiling. A walk-in pantry, louver windows, travertine floors and ample gloss white cabinetry with new Smeg appliances.
Travertine floors, stained glass windows, high beamed ceilings and a gas log fire are careful recalls to the traditional roots of the property.
The modern ensuite has a clawfoot bath, floor to ceiling tiling, stone bench vanity & soft close drawers.
Bedrooms keep natural light and flow into the lush terraced and fully reticulated gardens.
A spectacular home achieves a relaxed feel, close to all amenities and simply sublime.
- Spacious casual living and dining area opens up on both sides to alfresco areas, creating a light and airy ambience. There are travertine floors, high beamed ceilings, a gas log fire and open plan kitchen.
- The lounge has travertine floors, neutral roman blinds, ceiling fan and high ceilings. Large sliding doors close this area off from the living areas if necessary, or open up to create a more open plan living zone. Glass doors out to the alfresco terrace showcase fantastic views to the city.
- Fantastic open plan kitchen has a large island bench, pendants over stainless steel work benches, white modern tiling, walk-in pantry, louver windows, travertine floors and ample gloss white cabinetry. Appliances include a new Smeg oven and gas cooktop, and there is a stainless steel rangehood. The nearby laundry can be used as a scullery when entertaining.
- The front alfresco terrace has stunning views out over lush suburbs to the city. There are travertine pavers, pretty vines and covered roof for year-round entertaining. The weatherboard facade is an homage to the original residence.
- A generous main suite is lovely and bright with great views to the east. There are neutral carpets, roman blinds, ceiling fans, louver windows and a large WIR. The modern ensuite has a clawfoot bath, full height tiling, stone bench vanity & soft close drawers.
- Two further bedrooms have leafy views, neutral carpets, neutral blinds and BIR. A third bedroom is light and bright, with neutral carpets.
- Downstairs, a teen retreat has a separate entrance, dark carpets, glamorous drapes and glass windows. This space has potential as a theatre, office or fifth bedroom if required.
- The rear alfresco has retractable electric awnings overhead, built in speakers, paving and is surrounded by lush terraced and full reticulated gardens. There is a brick shed/workshop and a garden shed.
- Gas hot water, evaporative air conditioning upstairs, louver windows for cross ventilation, built in speakers.
- Sentimental touches such as the inclusion of the stained glass windows from the site’s original home lend a sense of history.
Agent: Deborah Brady