Special Feature: Camilla Residence
Camilla Residence – A Designer Statement in Luxury Living & Eco Awareness
37 Mount Street, West Perth
Architects: Baltinas Architecture & Cameron Chisholm Nicol
19 x 2 bed 2 bath
2 x 3 bedroom penthouses
From $855,000 to $1.25 million
Customized 3-4 bedroom apartments start from $1.69 million
Camilla residential apartments offer a sophisticated, understated grace. There’s a considered elegance that’s matched with innovative design, features and green credentials. A rare find within Perth’s premium apartment market.
We spoke to Baltinas architects the designers behind this new project.
Who have you designed these apartments for?
Camilla has been designed for the modern inner city dweller who has a distinct feel for the finer details, and the enjoys the endless possibility living in the city offers.
In modern apartments, there are countless additional features you can apply for ease of living. How did you decide what to add or subtract in this project?
We look at the location and incorporate features that enhance the stunning surrounds. The winter garden balconies we have previously utilised in other designs. Camilla’s neighbour was a highlight to the owners as they had an indoor/ outdoor space that could be used year round and also emphasising the water, city and kings park view. Additional new features such as the fully secure dedicated online delivery room not seen anywhere else. With online shopping becoming a normal way of life for most people, this feature offers buyers their own exclusive locker with a pin code for deliveries to be made at any time. Also a cold store is available for grocery items which is a huge convenience to many people who work long hours and want the ease of food being delivered. Features such as these are rarely seen anywhere else in the market.
With a competitive apartment market what were you looking to feature, that’s different?
We look at the number one factor that buyers consider when looking at property, location, location, location. The age old supply and demand. Mount Street is a blue chip location that is an established street and therefore extremely limited when it comes to offering buyers brand new product. Camilla is the last remaining river facing site available on Mount Street. Camilla is not standing in a location such as South Perth or East Perth, which, is one of thousands of apartments in the marketplace. This is Camilla’s point of difference.
I noticed you were mindful of strata fees, is that the number one concern for most buyers, if not what is?
Baltinas is drawn to unique sites that offer buyers a lifestyle with amenities at their door. Camilla is nestled between Perth City and Kings Park which, offers a plethora of recreational activities so a need for resort style facilities located in the building that increase buyers strata fees is not justified. This also encourages people to engage in the outdoor environment and live in the space they enjoy.
- 19 apartments and 2 exclusive penthouses with private rooftop gardens
- Every apartment has a focus on light-filled spaces with timeless, high-quality finishes and smart innovations
- Highlights include stone benchtops in the kitchen and bathrooms quality stainless steel appliances and Fully-ducted range hoods, designer tapware, frameless and semi-frameless glass shower screens
- LED lighting throughout
- A wintergarden with a glazing and louvre system so you can extend your living space all year round
- Purchasers have the opportunity to customize their apartment and pair 2 apartments together which would offer a configuration of 3-4 bedrooms, 3-4 bathrooms and potentially 4 car garage
- Extra large private storeroom with roller door access next to car bay
- Shopping delivery room
- A refrigerated storeroom with both chilled and dry storage for online groceries and fresh produce
- Bike Storage
- Swimming pools
- Roof gardens
- Barbecue and bar areas
- Camilla has incorporated responsible, sustainable principles to reduce energy consumption, water usage, strata costs and long-term maintenance of the building.
- Perimeter walls acoustic glazing and insulation systems are by Herring Storer Acoustic Engineers
- Acoustic and thermal glazing treatment also reduces the apartments heating, cooling, and lighting costs significantly
- The wintergarden balconies have louvres to aid cross-ventilation
- Photovoltaic rooftop panels
- Transportation: Walk or utilise bicycles as a method of transportation into the city. Each apartment will have easily accessible dedicated bicycle stores and communal electric charging stations for electric and hybrid vehicles
- Rainwater is collected from the roof and feeds it into harvesting system to irrigate the communal gardens.
- Internal air quality is improved through the selection of low-emission materials
- Passive engineering techniques using opening windows provide cross-flow ventilation ensuring reduced reliance on mechanical ventilation
- Camilla has a conscious in contemporary design and green living.For more information go to. Camilla Residence or Baltinas Architects