Marimekko House, Mosman Park – Flexible Living
8 Briggs Street, Mosman Park WA.
Land Size: 736 sqm.
Architect: Ariane Prevost.
The Essence: This well crafted, interchangeable home was a Finalist in the World Architecture House of the Year 2013, and won an Australian Architecture House Award in 2012 for it’s landscape.
- Garage: 2
- Light-filled, open and flexible spaces.
- Oversize pivot doors in the epicenter of the house can be moved to change your mood from entertaining to a cozy space.
- Tranquility is achieved with a passive thermal roof garden that is flexible enough to grow vegetables and entertain.
- Every room offers glimpses of the garden.
- A weathered steel facade strays from standard traditional streetscapes.
- Texture is maintained throughout with the use of diverse materials including wood, concrete, steel, glass and recycled materials.